Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 25th, 2012: Day 24 of 30 and Week 26 Photo


8/26/12:  End of Week 26
Julie and I jog/walked in the Head For the Cure 5K this morning with another fellow blogger/runner/Weight Watchers enthusiast, Rachel.  It's been quite a while since I was in a race.  In fact, I think that t-shirt I have on is from the last race I was in which was San Francisco's Bay to Breakers in 2004 or 2005.  This was Julie's first ever race, so she was a little nervous about the whole thing, but we had a blast.

Julie's been on her own amazing weight loss/get fit journey over the last few years.  She's started jogging very recently, but mostly on the treadmill at home.  She's done very little jogging outdoors.  So Julie set the pace for our run this morning, and we alternated between jogging and walking.  Her walking pace is so fast, we estimated about 4mph, that even when she was walking I kept jogging, just slowly, so I ended up jogging most of the course.  Her jog is actually a pretty quick pace, too, faster than my normal speed.  So we moved right along with her alternating between walking and jogging and me alternating between a slow jog and a quick jog.  When/if she decides she's a runner and wants to run the whole distance, I'll be struggling to keep up with her.  We had a great time.

8/25/2012: Day 24 of 30

Morning weight: 176.6
   
Today's calorie count: 1566 
Morning exercise:  None - Day Off. 

Evening exercise:  4 mile brisk walk with Jack

Alcohol consumption: None

I don't have much time to chat this morning, but I did want to say that everything is fine.  I know yesterday's post was a little emotional, but the emotional part of my day was good emotional, not bad emotional.  And to end any speculation, as far as I know, nobody is pregnant!!  It'll all make sense soon.

Have a great day!!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is just a test. I turned off the work verification and I wanted to see if it made it easier to leave a post. I hope you are having an awesome day, today, and thank you for stopping by and checking on my blog. I know today's post was kind of boring, but some days are like that...they're just days...
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't type...word verification or no word verification. And that is what I meant to say, word verification not work verification.

      That did make it much easier to comment. You can just type your comment, select anonymous as your "Reply As," and click on publish!! Fewer hurdles! That's a good thing!

      Delete
  2. Looking good Berta! You're doing GREAT!! Hang in there! We're behind ya all the way! :) ((HUGS!!))
    -Martha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a little local tri today~600 meter swim, 14 mile bike, 4 mile run. You should come to MI next August and do it with me.

    ReplyDelete