Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 29th, 2012: Day 28 of 30

8/29/2012: Day 28 of 30

Morning weight: 175.8 

Today's calorie count: 1485
 
Morning exercise:  50 minute jog - 4 miles

Evening exercise:  League bowling - probably doesn't count as exercise, but it is fun.  I bowled like crap.  It was our first week in a new league and my scores were pretty embarrassing.  Sometimes I feel like I am getting the whole bowling thing figured out and other times, like last night, I feel like I should just give it up.  But it is fun...and it can't be that hard to get consistent, can it?  Maybe I need to take lessons. 

Alcohol consumption: None

Friday is the last day of the 30 day plan and my goal is to weigh 175.0 pounds on that day.  Unfortunately, I weighed 175.8 pounds again this morning (morning of Day 29 - Thursday).  I am definitely in one of those holding patterns again.  The first time I weighed 175.8 pounds was Monday of this week and since then my weight has bumped up for a day, but it hasn't gone below that mark.  Who knows how long this plateau will last?  It would be kind of fun if I got to see 175.0 on the scale before we leave for Oregon tomorrow, but if I don't, I don't.  I've still achieved my goal for this 30 days, which was to stay on track through a fairly stressful month.  On day 1 of the plan I weighed183.6 pounds, so I have lost 7.8 pounds so far this month.  I may lose a little more by tomorrow morning and I may not, but either way, 7.8 pounds is right at my average rate of weight loss per month.  That was the goal of the plan, to stay on track, not accelerate my weight loss, so I am pleased with my results.

Ruth and I have started talking about using September - December to train for a triathlon in Florida.  I don't know if she has a particular one in mind, but since I am already running, swimming and cycling; though not on the same day, it seems like a feasible idea.  We'll have to firm up our plans, but I am willing to commit to participating in a triathlon.  My biggest concern will be training for the bike ride, since I am not much of a ride-my-bike-in-the-snow kind of a person.  The weather here can be pleasant enough to ride outdoors through about the first half of December, though.  If need be, I can bring my bike back indoors and put it on the trainer.  I don't like that much, but at least it will keep me conditioned to being on the saddle until it's time for the race.  Ruth, my answer is yes, I will compete in a triathlon with you this winter. I find the whole idea of swimming with a mass of people in open water a little scary, but I'll probably live through it!!  I've cycled in big events and run in big events, the only thing I haven't done is swim in big events.  It should be interesting. 

I'm looking forward to getting the books that we ordered.  There's a good chance we will get them today.  Here's to hoping that there is plenty of good stuff to talk about in "Aging Well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment