Monday, August 27, 2012

August 26th, 2012: Day 25 of 30

8/26/2012: Day 25 of 30

Morning weight: ???  I didn't weigh myself Sunday morning!  Shocking, isn't it?  I haven't forgotten to weigh myself in months.  I was supposed to meet Julie at the corner of College and Antioch at 7:00am for the 5k we were running in so I set my alarm clock for 5:45.  Well, setting one's alarm clock and turning on one's alarm clock are two different things.  Needless to say, it didn't go off and I woke up at 6:32am.  I had exactly 28 minutes to get dressed and drive to Overland Park.  In my flurry of activity to get out the door, I forgot to take a minute and weigh myself.  This morning (8/27/12) I weighed 175.8 pounds, though, so I am still right on my trend line and on track to reach my short-term goal of 175.0 pounds by this Friday, for Steven's wedding. 
   
Today's calorie count: 1563 
Morning exercise:  Head for the Cure 5k - jogged about 38 minutes 

Evening exercise:  48 laps of 25 meter pool, freestyle.  (about 32 minutes)

Alcohol consumption: None
I went shopping this weekend for a dress for Steven's wedding.  The wedding is going to be on the beach so I wanted something that was fairly casual, yet pretty, flattering, and nice enough to honor the occasion.  I started out at Macy's and didn't see anything that I even wanted to try on.  Then we started to wander through the mall and I saw an Ann Taylor's.  I love Ann Taylor's and I haven't been able to fit into their clothes for years.  So I dragged Jack into the shop hoping the clothes would fit.  Sure enough, all of the size 12s fit pretty well.  The skirts were even a little loose around the waist.  I tried on a few 10s, and they fit OK, but were a little too snug.  I stuck with the 12s.  I found several dresses I liked and then had Jack photograph me in the different outfits so I could see how they looked on me in photos.  That made my decision much easier to make!  One of the dresses that I really liked made me look really washed out in the pictures.  I ended up getting a slim blue skirt (close to royal blue, I'd say) and matching shell, with a darker blue cardigan with a floral pattern on it to go over the shell.  It's very pretty, flattering, and not too formal for the beach.  I think it will be perfect! 

We had a busy weekend between getting ready for our vacation next week, getting ready for Steven's wedding this week, my 5k, and going to Jack's niece's baby shower in Exelscior Springs yesterday afternoon.  I continue to feel tense about the next week and a half because there is a lot for me to get done at work in addition to going to Oregon on Friday, getting home on Sunday and leaving for Maine next Thursday.  But as I was showering this morning I realized that we leave for vacation next week!!!  Next Week!!!  Yeah!!!!  I am really looking forward to having two whole weeks to get away from it all and just enjoy each other's company and the great outdoors.  We set up our new tent yesterday, for practice, and it's awesome!!  I think we will be very comfortable in our little home away from home on the shores of Moosehead Lake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment