Thursday, March 21, 2013

3/21/2013: Doing Fine

It has been several days since I decided to eliminate wheat from my diet and I am doing fine.  My cravings have diminished considerably and I don't think about food nearly as often as I did before I quit eating wheat.  I go longer periods of time between breakfast and snack and snack and lunch, so that I have found myself eating lunch mid-afternoon.  This works out really well for me because dinner ends up being just a light snack.  I've never done well with big meals in the evening and now I don't even want to eat a big meal.  Since I am often working a little late, it's nice to be able to come home and just have a snack and not worry about dinner.  It helps a lot that I cooked my meals last Sunday, so there is plenty of food in the fridge, though I am going through my veggies faster than I have in the past since I am putting some many vegetables in my eggs in the morning.  I'll have to remember that for next week.

It's  probably a little soon to talk about how 'wheat free' is impacting my weight, except that I have noticed that there seems to be fewer fluctuations in the scale.  I have lost a little weight since Jack's birthday dinner, which I expected to happen.  This morning I weighed 151.2 pounds.  The interesting thing is the lack of fluctuation from day to day.  But again, it's early in the process.  It will be interesting to see what my weight line looks like in a few weeks and after a couple of months.  Just a quick recap:  My Food Plan for Life is No Dead Food (which includes no wheat products), except on special occasions, which need to be truly special occasions.  On special occasions I can eat and drink whatever I want.

I have a big weekend coming up!  I am going to Vail to see Carla and meet her new boyfriend.  I am looking forward to meeting this young man that Carla is so crazy about.  She tells me he is worth the trip!  I am also planning on skiing on Sunday, for the first time in 30 years.  That should be interesting.  I hope all of the weight lifting pays off and I am not too sore on Monday!!

No other big news to report.  I did get a couple of book recommendations from yesterday's post, so I will need to check them out.  Other than that, it's just another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment