Monday, September 12, 2016

9/12/2016: Work - Three Days a Week

Weight:  155.8
Exercise:  Yesterday I played kickball.  Today I will run.

You may have noticed that I have said, "Today is a day off from work," a few times in the last couple of weeks.  No, I'm not taking a lot of vacation days.  I am officially working 3 days a week.  In what I hope is a win-win for my employers and for me, I have agreed to take a 40% cut in pay and work 3 days a week; Tuesdays through Thursdays, most weeks.  This will help the company with cash flow through lean times and it will give me more time to do the things I want to do away from work.  It hasn't begun to feel like routine yet, so I have no idea how well this is going to work out.  I also haven't started receiving my smaller paychecks yet.  The first one will be this week.  I think this is a good idea.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't have any new news on the exercise/diet/fitness front.  I spent yesterday afternoon cooking meals for the week.  I still believe that is the best way to go.  It's such a relief to have it done and have all of our meals in the refrigerator, ready to go.  It makes staying on plan so much easier.

I bought a reflective vest and lights for my earlier morning runs.  I bought a compression sleeve for my left elbow.  It's always fun getting more gear, even if it is little stuff like that.

That's it for now.  Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment