Saturday, September 3, 2016

9/2/16: Well That Was a Really Bad Idea

Weight:  157.2
Exercise:  5 mile run yesterday, I work out with Lauren this morning

Yesterday I had this notion that maybe I could be a little less strict about my diet and not gain weight because I was exercising so much.  I guess that plan didn't play out very well.  I gained 3.5 pounds yesterday.  This is why I am so super strict.

I didn't eat that much.  I didn't eat anything sweet.  I also didn't eat at home.  I had lunch out with a friend (a salad) and we ate dinner out at a bar and grill.  Dinner out was not the healthiest thing in the world, but it was a small meal.  I had potato skins stuffed with pulled pork and a dinner salad.  It really wasn't very much food.  I also had a beer.  I maybe would have done OK with all of that, if it hadn't been for the ball game.  At around the third inning I decided to get a bag of peanuts and another beer.   I guess it was a cheat day and it showed up on the scale in a big way.  Food is something I just can't afford to mess around with.

I will recover from this, of that I'm certain.  Unfortunately, it is going to be difficult to be really strict with food for the next couple of days because Jack and I are going on a little road trip, leaving this morning and coming back on Monday.  I am going to have to make very careful choices while we are gone.

It's kind of a shame that my weight jumped up so much overnight because I was feeling pretty good about everything.  My weight had started coming back down, my stress level was coming down a little bit, my exercise program is feeling solid, and I enjoyed my day off.  This is why I have to weigh myself every single day.  All it takes is one day and the slide really starts.

I probably won't post from the road.  My next post will probably be on Tuesday morning.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment