Tuesday, September 13, 2016

9/13/2016: No Sleep

Weight:  155.2
Exercise:  Yesterday:  Week 5, Run 1, for distance.  Miles - 6.  Time - 1:17:07, Pace - 12:41

Yesterday's run felt good.  Taking Galloway's advice, I walked a portion of each mile from the beginning of my run.  I walked a few blocks to warm up, then I ran to the first mile marker.  Starting with that first mile marker and at each mile marker after that, I walked for about 1/8 - 1/6 of a mile. Then I ran to the next mile marker until I got to the last mile.  By the last mile I was pretty tired so I started measuring by telephone poles.  I walked two poles, then I ran two poles, then I walked two poles, etc., until I got home.

I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday.  My new work schedule still feels so new that Mondays off feel like a luxury and I am not rushing around to actually gets things done.  Eventually I'll use Mondays and Fridays as days to get chores and tasks complete so that we can use the weekends more productively.  That hasn't started happening yet.

I couldn't sleep last night, which is unusual for me.  I can think of two possible causes for my insomnia.  I may have been dehydrated, when I look back at yesterday I did not drink enough water. My sleep schedule was thrown off a little because I didn't get up as early as I usually do for the past three days.  I have to be careful to keep my sleep schedule consistent, even though my work schedule has changed.  I'll make sure I drink enough water today.  I hope I sleep much better tonight.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect run plan. Keep that up and you will progress without injury to the half marathon. Let's do that in CA.

    ReplyDelete