Saturday, November 17, 2012

11/17/2012: Survived a Dinner With Nary a Scratch

Morning Weight:  160.6
Morning Exercise: None - Will run mid-afternoon.  I like the mid-afternoon runs on the weekends.
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  None - Work related dinner 
Yesterday's Calories: 1425
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Last night Jack and I attended a work related dinner welcoming our new Production Manager into the management team at Castle Creations.  We went to Ya Ya's and, of course, appetizers, salads, main courses and desserts were ordered.  And don't forget the wine and beer.  My dinners of late have been really light, with most of my calories consumed earlier in the day.  I find it makes my weight loss more predictable if I stay away from eating very much after about 6:00 in the evening.  So I was kind of anxious about this meal out with fellow managers.  I was so excited yesterday about weighing only 160.6 pounds, I didn't want to do anything to blow it.  I am so close to the 150somethings!  On the other hand, I'd have to eat something at this dinner.  It all worked out OK in the end.

When appetizers were being order I threw in an order for beets, so while everyone else was eating bruschetta and fried lemony palenta balls (I know, right?  Fried palenta?  Oh, let's take a simple carb and make it worse by frying it!!) I was eating beets.  That worked out just fine.  In fact, one other person at the table that came late was a big beet fan.  He was pleased to see the beets. 

I also had a spinach salad.  All of the salads had high calorie toppings but I just pushed most of the dried cranberries and chopped nuts to the side.  For dinner I had scallops with asparagus and risotto.  Luckily, I really like scallops and consider them a treat and most nice restaurants offer a scallop dish as an alternative to all the large, high calorie meat dishes.  The scallop entree was quite reasonable with three large scallops, some asparagus and a wilted green of some sort, and risotto, all in some sort of light slightly cheesy sauce.  The sauce was mostly mixed up in the risotto, which I tasted but didn't eat much of.  The scallops were well cooked and delicious, and are very low in calories.  I picked the veggies out of the risotto and ate them.  All in all, it was a reasonable and tasty entree that I could enjoy while everyone else was over-eating on their hunks of meat.  The table ordered dessert and my darling husband asked me which one I wanted a bite of.  That works out so well!  He orders dessert, I have a bite because I am always curious what the desserts taste like, and he eats the rest.  My best guess for calories for my dinner out is 465 calories.  Not bad!  And I drank tons of water, no beer and no wine.  All of the water made me feel very full by the time we left.

I was still worried about weighing more this morning because we ate later than I normally eat, so I was relieved when I got on the scale this morning and weighed exactly what I weighed yesterday morning.  I consider that a win!!

Tonight we have another event.  A friend of ours just received her college diploma and is celebrating at a local bar and grill.  That event doesn't start until 7:30, though, and it's friends, not co-workers.  So I will eat before we leave for the event and just drink water while we're there.  If we're lucky, the band will be good and Jack and I will do a bit of dancing.  That would be fun!!  My friends may give me a little shit about not eating, but I don't really care about that.  That will not be nearly as awkward as not eating at a work related dinner event would be.  I think tonight will be fine.

What I am hoping for is to be at 159 (or at the very least 159.something) by the time I mark my chart on Monday.  I think it is doable!!  I am getting pretty excited about getting this close to goal!!

On another note, I am meeting my old trainer, Jeremy Walters, on Wednesday morning.  It is looking really likely that I will switch gyms so that I can start working out with him again.  It would actually be cheaper to join the new gym (and it is a brand new gym with racquetball courts and everything!) and train with him and keep my 24hour fitness membership (so I can use the pool - the new gym does not have a pool) than to just belong to 24hour fitness and use one of their trainers.  Jack and I have been looking for someplace to play racquetball, so this may be a win-win.  We meet with Jeremy at 8:00 Wednesday morning and check it out.  I still have 7 sessions left with Jeremy Wallen at 24hour, but I will use those up, too.  The new gym, Aspen, has a special on Black Friday, if you sign up for a training session on Black Friday, you lock in a $25/half hour personal training rate for life.  That's a good price.  So if we like what we see, I'll buy a couple of sessions on Black Friday, then use up my sessions with J Wallen, and then start training with J Walters again.  I look forward to that.  I have really missed working out with Jeremy.  He is good at what he does.  This biggest difference between the two?  I'd have to say that it is the fact the Jeremy Walters cares about his clients.

OK, that's it for now.  Jack is at the grocery store shopping for Thanksgiving dinner and I need to clean up the kitchen and straighten out the fridge and pantry before he comes home. 

Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment