Friday, November 2, 2012

11/2/2012: Last Day Before China

Morning Weight:  162.4
Morning Exercise:  Strength Training at Home
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  Shopping with Carla.  She got a new ski coat and ski pants for Christmas.
Yesterday's Calories:  1469
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Sure enough, it was a little difficult to settle down and fall asleep last night with Jack gone to Utah.  I stayed up a little too late and wasn't falling asleep until after 10:00.  Consequently, it was a little difficult to wake up this morning and I decided to sleep in a little and do my "Pyramid Workout" at home.  It's a great workout that Jeremy Walters put together for me and I have all of the equipment I need to do it at home.  It's nice to have a good home work-out that I can pull out every now and then when I don't roll out of bed early enough to get to the gym before it starts getting busy.

Yesterday, I canceled all of my meetings for today that were not absolutely critical.  I'm glad I did that.  It will make it much easier to get ready for my week away from the office.  I have a new laptop which I will be taking with me, so I'll be able to keep in touch.  I'll also be able to bring files with me to work on during down times.  I hope I am able to be more efficient with my time while I am there, this time.

I'm going to try very hard to count all of my calories while I am in China.  There is going to be a lot of guessing going on, but at least that will be better than not even trying to count.  I'll mark my chart before I leave tomorrow (two days early, I usually mark it on Mondays) and mark it again when I get back.  I'll be more prepared to see the spike in my weight on the first day back, but I am going to do everything I can to avoid it.  I feel like I am knocking on the 150s door and I would hate for this trip to China to be a setback.  I know I can exercise every day, the hotel has a very nice gym.  I asked the plant manager to get me a couple of cases of water for the office, so I should have plenty of water.  The only other thing I need to do is make sure I don't eat too much.  One of the things I did not do well last time was breakfast.  The hotel we stayed in for most of our stay had a very good, Western style breakfast buffet with an egg station, pastries, etc...  After the first hotel's awful breakfast I had a hard time not eating a little too much at breakfast time.  This time I will commit to be very disciplined at breakfast so that I start the day off right.

12.4 pounds left...Wow...I can do this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment