Friday, September 13, 2013

9/13/13: Training Update

On yesterday's blog post I got so caught up in talking about the mental battles I've been fighting that I forgot to mention my training for the day.  Yesterday I ran my four mile route in 40 minutes and 15 seconds.  My goal was 40 minutes, so I felt pretty good about my time, I just need to shave off 15 seconds to reach my first goal.  I did have to wait a few seconds at a couple of stop lights, but neither intersection caused me to pause for more than a few seconds.

Next week I want to get the 4 miles in 40 minutes or less.  My longer term goal will be to complete my hilly 6 miles in 60 minutes.

Today I went to the gym for strength training.  We worked hard on lower body for a solid 60 minutes.  The exercises included barbell squats, kettle bell swings, Sumo squats, sprints on the treadmill, hamstring curls, one leg dead-lifts, and a couple of core exercises.  Hard work!!

Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of Jack's and my first kiss!!  It has been a crazy and wonderful 10 years.  It took half of that time to actually go on a second date, but during that first five years I could never shake the feeling that Jack and I belonged together.  In February, we will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary.  Yesterday I received beautiful flowers at work and tonight we are going out to dinner.  After dinner we may head over to The Roxy for a little bit, which is the scene of the original crime (that first kiss!).  Whatever we do and wherever we go, I already told Jack that I am sticking to my food plan tonight.  I am too soon into my clean living regimen to risk introducing anything but good food.  Eventually I will allow myself small periods of time (4 hours, or thereabouts) for special celebrations, but not yet.  It took me too long to get my head in the game as it is!  I am not going to risk it now. 

I continue to feel GREAT!!  I am so relieved to have found my commitment and resolve again.  It makes life so much easier and I am so much more comfortable with myself to know that I am not going to eat and drink things that are not good for me.  It's a simple formula, when you get right down to it.  There's a lot less to think about if I am not torturing myself with food decisions throughout the day.  It's nice to have the decision made and free my mind up for more important tasks.

Yesterday I ate 1,744 calories and 87 grams of protein.  This morning I weighed 157.0 pounds (progress...finally!).   As I mentioned above, this morning I did strength training.  Perhaps tonight, we will get in a little dancing.  That would be fun.  How about it, Jackie?

No comments:

Post a Comment