Thursday, September 5, 2013

9/5/2013: Starting to Feel Like My Life is "Normal"

The last couple of months have been ridiculous in many ways.  Traveling to China for three weeks was not the worst of it.  Even harder than that was having three members of our management team in China, working deals on the ground there, while I and the rest of the management team were here providing support at all hours of the day and night - more often night than day.  Every day there were early morning and late evening Skype meetings.  There was one post-midnight run to the office.  There were text messages that needed to be responded to at 3:00am and 4:00am.  Plus, don't forget our regular nine-to-five jobs.  It was exhausting.

Everyone got back to the states late last week, the phone did not ring or buzz or beep over the weekend, there were no Skype meetings, and slowly I started to recover.  I had a bit of a set-back Tuesday when I left the office early with nasty stomach pains and a low grade fever, but I felt much, much better yesterday.  Finally, a week later, I am beginning to feel like my life is getting back to normal.  I look forward to being able to go to work and feel motivated again.  So far this week, my performance at work has been a little lackadaisical because I just have not had the mental energy to jump into another project.  Each day gets a little better, though, and I am confident that today will be a better day, yet.

I missed two days of exercise this week due to my little illness, but I was back at the gym today, feeling a little weak from not getting enough sleep last night (bowling night), but it felt good to be back at it.  I think I will get a swim in tonight and tomorrow I will go for a run.

Yesterday's calories: 2034
Yesterday's protein:  111 grams
This morning's weight:  157.0
Today's exercise:  Strength Training

No comments:

Post a Comment