Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/24/13: No Trouble Sleeping Last Night!!

The good news is that I didn't have any trouble sleeping last night.  I woke up once and wondered for a minute where Jack was and then fell right back asleep.  This morning when I checked the Royals score from last night and saw that the game against Seattle (in Seattle) went into extra innings, I realized why Jack wasn't yet in bed at midnight last night.  The Royals Won!  Again!  In Extra Innings!  Again!  Go Royals!!  They are statistically still in it, though they are 3 games out with only 6 games left to play.  Chances are slim that we will make the playoffs, but it already feels like we're having a post season, just getting to truly enjoy September baseball.

All is well on the training front.  Yesterday was my day off and today I did upper body strength training.  We have really kicked the strength training up a notch since all of my traveling is over and I can feel it!!  I appreciate how toned my arms are getting and I can see the impact of the strength training everywhere.  It feels good to be making progress again.

I was told about a program called Enduracamp yesterday and I looked it up.  It is run by a 20 time Ironman competitor who has set up training programs specifically geared to triathletes and other endurance sports.  The gym is pretty close to home, closer than the gym I am going to now.  It costs $110 a month to attend as many training sessions/classes/group runs & rides as you want.  They emphasize strength training to improve speed, among other things.  You can also pay by the class.  I will be done with all of my prepaid personal training sessions at Aspen by the end of October.  I am thinking about attending a few classes at Enduracamp between now and then.  If I like it, and think it is a good fit for me, I may switch to that program.  I feel like it will be good to train with people that are specifically geared to the sport I have chosen.  It will also save me about $100/month, which is bonus!!  I hope it works out.  I haven't checked to see how early in the morning they hold classes, yet.  That could be a deal killer.

Yesterday's calories were a little high, 2,018, and protein was 98 grams.  I was not tracking my calories throughout the day and just entered everything into my phone this morning.  I need to do a better job actually tracking the calories as I go.  This morning I weighed 155.0 pounds.  I think the little gain was because I ate a a fairly large snack pretty late yesterday evening.  If I had done a better job tracking calories through the day, I would have eaten a lighter snack last night.

Today is a new day.  I have to go to the dentist this afternoon.  I really dislike this dentist, but the good news is I got a hearty recommendation for a new dentist.  Today will be the last time I see my old dentist (Jack likes her - I think she is mean.  She has no bedside manner at all!) and if I have follow up work that needs to be done, I plan on going to the new dentist.  I am glad to have finally received a strong recommendation for a new dentist!!

I guess that's it for now.  Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment