Monday, September 2, 2013

9/2/2013: BRutal Bike/Run BRick

These Bike/Run bricks are hard.  There is something that feels so wrong about running after riding a bike for an hour.  I feel so slow and awkward, as if I weigh 300 pounds and my legs just don't want to hold me up.

Today I did my first Bike/Run brick of my 2013/2014 training season.  :)

15.5 mile bike ride:  1 hour 4 minutes (there were a few red lights in there)
2 minutes transition
4 mile run:  42 minutes 40 seconds (with maybe about a minute of that waiting at lights)
 
I've decided my short term training goal is to to a 16 mile bike ride in 1 hour and a 4 mile run in 40 minutes.  I will try to reach that goal before it gets too cold to ride and run outdoors.

Yesterday's calories:  2,125
Yesterday's protein:  101 grams
This morning's weight:  157.2
This morning's exercise:  Bike/Run Brick

My husband just got home from the gym and we have the day ahead of us.  I'm going to sign off for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment