Tuesday, December 15, 2015

12/15/2015: Surgery is Complete

I'm sitting in my recliner all comfy and cozy, typing on my laptop under the influence of pain medications, so don't expect too much from this post.

Surgery went very well.  It lasted every bit of 6 hours and the surgeon did have to do some diastasis repair (stitching together my abdominal muscles), so the recovery will be a little longer than I was hoping, but the end result will be worth it!

I had  my first post-op appointment today and got to see my new body for the first time.  Oh my goodness!  I love it! My tummy is perfectly flat and my breasts are small and firm - perky even.  Dr. Hodge did an amazing job!  He was even impressed with his own handiwork.

The worst of the pain was in my thighs where he did some lipo on my saddlebags, but that only lasted last night.  They don't hurt anymore.  As for the rest of it, I am uncomfortable but not in a tremendous amount of pain, as long as I take it easy.  And i plan on taking it easy!!

I get to take a shower tomorrow, so that will be awesome.  I'm looking forward to getting clean, but I am also looking forward to standing in front of the mirror.  The transformation really is remarkable.  Even Jack is impressed!

It'll be 6 weeks before I can start exercising again.  I'm looking forward to that.  It'll be a lot more fun to get toned up, now.

It was kind of funny.  When I woke up after surgery the nurse wanted to give me something to eat before taking my pain meds.  The first thing she offered me as sweet, and I told her no, I don't eat sugar.  Then she offered a cracker and I said, no, I don't eat grains.  She said how about applesauce and I said OK.  So I guess the no sugar thing is totally ingrained.  Fuzzy from surgery and pain, I still refused to eat sweets.  I think that's a good sign!!

All in all, the doc and the nurses were happy with my progress.  Yes, all is well.

Have a beautiful day!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy everything went well. You've been in my thoughts. If you need anything just text or call. Can't wait to see you. Love ya friend! Debra Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy everything went well. You've been in my thoughts. If you need anything just text or call. Can't wait to see you. Love ya friend! Debra Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debra, all is well. Jack is an adequate nurse!! I'll see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete