Friday, December 18, 2015

12/18/2015: Post Surgery - Day 4

We made an unscheduled trip to the doctor's office today because I was having shooting pains in the backs of my legs.  The biggest concern with leg pain after surgery is blood clots.  I don't have symptoms that indicate blood clots; no aches, no swelling, no unusual bruising, no shortness of breath, but out of an abundance of caution, we are going to a radiology clinic this afternoon to get my legs scanned.

Probably the pain is either nerve related (from sleeping in the recliner) or muscle/skeletal related from lack of movement.  Either way, this is not a common symptom and the doctor wanted assurances that there are no blood clots.  I have stopped sleeping in the recliner and I am moving about more today.  This seems to have helped.  I did not have pain in my legs the last time I got up.

Other than the pain in my legs, the doctor's appointment was reassuring.  The nurse checked all the sutures, drains, bruising, swelling, etc. and everything looked as it should.  An A+ checkup for healing.

Boredom will likely be my biggest challenge.  What am I going to do for two more weeks?

We'll need to start going to the movies, soon.

Have a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment