Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12/1/15: Surgery is Less Than Two Weeks Away

Days of abstinence: 69
Exercise:  Cardio weight lifting
Days until surgery: 13!!!!
Weight:  157.2 pounds

We’ve had intermittent internet service which explains my on-again-off-again blog posts.  It is a little frustrating when I can’t maintain my routines because of the lack of internet service.  TWC is coming to the house this afternoon.  Maybe we will get a better understanding of why they have so much difficulty keeping our service up and running.

Yesterday I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep.  I never, ever do that.  I guess I got used to sleeping in a little bit over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I made it to work on time, but I did not get my workout in.  Today I got up at 4:00 and did a cardio weight lifting routine.  It felt great, even if I was a little sore from my workouts this weekend.

I have to go to Denver for a quick business trip next week.  We’ll fly out Tuesday morning and fly home Tuesday night.  I had to call the surgeon’s nurse and make sure it was OK to fly that close to surgery.  She said it was not a problem since it is such a short flight.  It makes this very real, knowing I am checking with my surgeon before flying and making arrangements at work to be gone for three weeks.  I really am doing this thing.  It is so hard to believe it is actually happening.  I have dreamt about this for years, ever since I was a much younger woman.  It’s hard to imagine not having all this extra skin anymore.  It’s been there a long time!

My food program remains solid.  I have not had any problems with cravings or over consumption since the first week or so of making the decision to abstain from sugar for life.  My attitude about food has changed considerably.   It’s not that I don’t enjoy food anymore, because I do.  But I don’t crave food all the time. 

Work is hard to get excited about these days.  I need an attitude adjustment.  Maybe once we get through this next week and get a plan established I’ll feel better.  Right now it just seems like such a grind.  Ugh.  Perhaps today will be a better day.

For the past couple of decades I have experienced a period of depression between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I’m hoping that it has been at least partially food related and that by not eating sweets I will avoid the worst part of the depression.  I feel like I am in a slump right now, though.  I’ll have to try to snap myself out of this!!  Perhaps it’s just the onset of winter.  I really dislike winter.  But, I’m getting my tummy and my breasts fixed.  That is something to look forward to!  It’s all going to work out just fine.

Have a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment