Monday, December 21, 2015

12/21/2015: Post op - one week

We just got back from my one week post-op doctor's visit and everything is on track for a speedy recovery.

The big news is drain number # 3 came out, so there is only one left.  That drain should come out on Wednesday.  Of the two remaining drains, this one was bothering me the most, so I am glad to have it gone.  I am noticeably more comfortable, even though there is still one left.  It did hurt, a lot, to have the drain removed, in spite of the fact that I took a pain pill before we left for the doctor's office.  I'm taking two before we head over there on Wednesday!

The surgical tape is off of my belly scar and that incision looks so much better than I thought it would.  It is a very thin scar.  Much less noticeable than the C-Section scar that used to be there.

I'm now in a girdle-like compression garment so that I will have compression on my thighs.  It cuts me off at the mid-section pretty badly, so I can't zip it all the way up.  The nurse wants me to switch between this and my other compression garment.  That will be good, to go back and forth.  It gets old wearing one type of garment day in and day out.

All-in-all, no complaints other than generally being uncomfortable.  I think things will get much better once the last drain comes out.

Have a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment