Saturday, December 19, 2015

12/19/15: No Blood Clots

I got a clean bill of health from the sonogram on my legs.  I have no blood clots.  The doctor's office called me almost immediately after they received the message from the technician.  After I heard the relief in my nurse's voice I understood how truly concerned plastic surgeons must be about DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).  DVT is an uncommon yet dangerous potential side effect of any surgery.  DVT occurs when  blood clot forms in one of your primary veins or arteries.  The real risk is that the blood clot will break loose and go to a lung.  That would be very bad.

I didn't have any symptoms of DVT other than leg pain, but it turns out that as soon as a plastic surgeon hears the words "leg" and "pain" in the same sentence after surgery, they immediately want it checked out.  So I got it checked out.  No clots.  Lots of relief from the doctor's office.

My biggest complaints are that I am uncomfortable and I am bored.  There is nothing to be done about either of these things, I am afraid.  I'll be more comfortable once the drains come out.  The first one is scheduled to come out on Monday, the second on Thursday.  I'm moving about the house a bit, doing simple chores like cleaning off the top of my dresser and night stand.  I'm watching movies, reading, watching TV, talking on the phone.  Fun times.

I'm grateful for my good health and the progress I'm making with healing.  It's all good.

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, DVT's are scary stuff. I had one they found the night after Annika was born. Glad to year you got the all clear.

    ReplyDelete