Tuesday, June 20, 2017

6/20/17: Day 1 Under my Belt. Promises Made. Love Abounds.

I made it through Day 1 100% on program.  That is a start.  This is the third or fourth time in a couple of months that I've made it through the first 24 hours, but we are attacking this thing one day at a time.  Today will be day two.

Since I've been failing regularly at keeping the promises that I've been making to myself, yesterday I made a promise to Jackie.  He is going to be here on July 12 for a 5 day visit (or is it 4?  I don't have time to look up his itinerary right this second) and I promised him that I would stay 100% on program until he gets here. I am going to report to him every day.

A friend of mine is also trying to stay on her program.  She reached out to me and asked if we could be program buddies.  I think that is a great idea!  She lives in KC, so we are going to text each other regularly with regard to how we are feeling, what we are eating, etc.

I had a long conversation with my daughter-in-law (she had time to chat because she has strep throat, poor darling), and she helped me isolate and put into words some of the emotional struggles that I am having right now.

I got words of encouragement on Facebook and through comments on my blog from friends that care and know that I have the strength to pull this off, and I also received advice on how to deal with the damn New England bugs!

My sister-in-law sent a long, thoughtful email that reinforced the conclusions I came to earlier in the day.  She also expressed confidence that I would figure this out, just as I have worked through and figured out many other difficult things in my life.

I thank all of you the called, texted, replied to my comments on Facebook, or even sent me silent words of encouragement.  The love from all of you is exactly what I needed to help me sort through my feelings and help me figure out how to overcome these obstacles.

Last night I only got 6.5 hours of sleep but that was not my fault.  The stupid phone kept ringing.  Sometimes people don't understand that a B&B does not have a front desk manned 24/7.  Please, don't call a B&B at midnight to ask them a question about a room.  It can wait until morning.  Seriously.

Have a great day!  I plan to.

No comments:

Post a Comment