Monday, June 5, 2017

6/5/17: Just say no!

So far I have said no to the buttermilk biscuits, no to the homemade granola, and no to the chocolate chip pecan muffins.  So far today I have eaten a California omelet (mushrooms, onion, spinach and avocado) without the provolone cheese, some home fries (cooked in clarified butter) and a bowl of fresh fruit, mostly berries.  I am trying to drink more water. 

I have to say no a lot.

Right this minute, I feel pretty good.  I feel considerably better than I did when I went to bed last night.  I collapsed at about 7:15 in the evening.  Thank goodness none of our guests needed anything.  It was a quiet evening.  We have one more check out this morning, then the inn will be empty until this afternoon, when we only have one check in.  It'll be a quiet week.  Carla will focus on getting the annuals planted, including the hanging pots for the front porch.  I'll probably help her, but I am going to focus on Murder Mystery weekend planning and trying to get a damn haircut!

Just say no to the crap food, Roberta!  That crap food is making you feel like crap.  You know it's true! (I really do know it's true!)

OK - Back to work.

By the way, I didn't put my Fitbit on until about 8AM yesterday (I started working at 5:15) and I still registered 13,234 steps and 14 floors on my Fitbit.  So far today (10:30AM) I've walked 3,424 steps.  It was an easy morning.  😌  Only three couples for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. If you can own a business and stay healthy, you will be the first in our family to achieve that. I think you can but it is so hard. When you take time for yourself you are also reducing your own income. There is no paid vacation when you are the owner! You know all of this, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a first time for everything. This experience is helping me understand that perhaps what I really want is a "lifestyle" inn. Something small, that supports itself, but doesn't throw off any extra cash. I am going to work on that business model. I think with our savings and Jack's retirement income and social security, that should work.

      Delete