Thursday, June 8, 2017

6/8/17: The Power of Sleep

I got over seven hours of sleep last night, for the 4th night in a row and it is incredible how much better I feel.  I've been working with Alexis for over two months and she has been telling me to get more sleep since day 1, and finally it has sunk in.  Carla texted me at 9:45 last night, after I was in bed with lights out and eyes closed, and I got a little snarky with her (all via text).  I felt bad about that, she didn't know I was in bed.  After thinking about it for a few minutes I realized that I am getting very protective of my sleep time.  The difference in how I feel is nothing short of astounding.

Most noticeably, for me, is my feet and knees did not hurt when I walked down the stairs this morning.  I've been taking the stairs sideways, one step at a time, for a couple of months now because my knees and feet hurt so badly in the mornings.  This morning, I walked down the stairs just like a normal person, without even realizing it.  It wasn't until later in the morning that I realized that the pain in my legs and feet has greatly diminished.

Most noticeably, for everyone else, is I am in a much better mood.  My sense of humor has been restored, I find myself singing to myself more often throughout the day, and I am happier.  Perhaps I'll be more productive as well, though yesterday I did not get nearly as much done as I wanted to.

Yesterday was day three of no sugar, no wheat and no alcohol.  I am sure this is also contributing to having less pain, though I don't think it has as big an impact as the sleep.  I made it about a week free of these substances a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have the same results.  The sleep has been huge.

There is no reason that I should not be able to get 7 or more hours of sleep at least 5 days a week.  I'm still shooting for 8, and I know I'll be able to get 8+ hours some days, but by shooting for at least 8, and I making sure I get at least 7. 

We have a busy few days ahead of us.  Today we need to prep for our normal dinner service and we also need to continue prepping for our Murder Mystery weekend.  We have a few check-ins this evening, the we will be super busy all weekend.  Even more exciting is that we have friends coming to from Kansas City to participate in the MM Weekend.  We are really looking forward to that!!!

Perhaps you will come visit us soon, too!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment