Friday, March 16, 2012

3/14/2012: Boston Cream Pie = Over My Line

As you can see, it is not my fault I was over my line Thursday morning. Carla just accepted a position as a pastry chef at a dude ranch this summer and she decided she needed to practice. Problem is, she's a vegan and can't taste her own food, so I reluctantly agreed to be her taste tester. Really, I was going to have one bite of this beautiful Boston Cream Pie, give a piece to Jack, and take the rest to work. But that first bite almost made me swoon, it was so good. I finished my piece, oohing and aahing over every bite. Oh my god it was good! That was before dinner. Carla had also made this wonderful dinner of sesame seed encrusted seitan with baked sweet potato fries and asparagus. It was actually pretty healthy, but I think that pie broke down any will power I might have had when I walked in the door from work, and I just ate too much. It all tasted so good. The good news is that I did not have another piece of Bostom Cream Pie after dinner and I did take the rest to work (except for the chunk that Jack ate for breakfast the next day).

Anyway, that all led up to the bad news of gaining 1.2 pounds and being over my line on Thursday morning. Official weight? 220. Ugh. But I worked hard at the gym yesterday morning and went run/walking with Carla this morning. I vow to exercise hard and eat easy all weekend. Monday morning's weigh in will bring me in back under my line. You'll see!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment