Monday, March 19, 2012

3/19/2012: Weighed In One Tenth of One Pound Over My Goal Line

I'm blaming it on the baby shower. I started the day yesterday at 217.4 pounds and would have been just below my line this morning (target weight 217.5) if I had just held the line. I was careful about my food all day and spent most of the morning and afternoon working out in the yard. Carla and I built up the raised beds for my vegetable garden another foot, primarily as a defense against the bunnies, but also to make it easier to trim the grass around the gardens and to help keep the weeds and grass out of the vegetable beds. I love the way it looks! It was a lot of work building up the beds including constructing the boxes and mixing and moving a lot of dirt. It was a solid six hours of sweat inducing labor. So up to that point, all was on track for my weigh-in this morning. Then I had a baby shower to go to. It was at the Fox and the Hound. My biggest mistake? Not eating before I left (Jack, bless his heart, tried to help. He said to me, "Are you going to eat before you go?" I need to do a better job listening to my support crew.). I tried to be good, my table was ordering appetizers so I ordered the only one that had protein in it and was not fried, the chicken quesadillas. I did not touch the fried chicken tenders on the table, I did not eat the sour cream. I only drank water, but I was still two tenths of a pound heavier this morning than I was yesterday, which is one tenth of a pound over my line. To be fair, my scale measures weight in 2 tenths increments and when I stepped on the scale it flipped back and forth between 217.4 and 217.6 before settling in 217.6; I swear if my scale measured in tenths I would have been right on my mark! Also, to be completely honest, I did eat one bite of Susie's baked pretzel and a very small piece of chocolate cake. But I don't think it was either of those things that pushed me up that two tenths of a pound; at the end of the day I think the culprit was the sodium in the cheese in the quesadilla. I don't know why I didn't think about that, as I have a tendency to retain water when I consume too much salt, but, in fact, I was just thinking about net calories and I knew I was OK for the day. I should have ordered a salad and not worried about what the rest of the table was eating. Oh well...it is what it is. I don't feel too bad about it. It would have been more fun to be one tenth of a pound under my line than one tenth of a pound over my line, but all in all, I am pleased with my progress and I feel good about my momentum.

I can do this!

Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment