Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/2012: Dinner Done and 184 Calories to Spare

Calorie counting started today, after a disappointing weigh-in this morning. My daily goal is to net under 1200 calories a day, after exercise. My exercise this morning was 45 minutes of weight lifting. According to a calorie burner I found at this website: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc 45 minutes of vigorous weight lifting at my weight burns 451 calories. I am pretty comfortable calling what I did this morning vigorous given the fact that there was very little resting between sets and that I had to push to my limits to complete all the reps. I'm using an iPhone app called MyFitnessPal to count calories consumed. So far today, after dinner, I have eaten 1,467 calories for net calories of 1,016, so far. I may or may not consume the remaining 184 calories before I go to bed. It's nice to know they're there if I want them.

So, calorie counting is not that hard. It's not even very tedious with my iPhone app. I guess it's just facing that brutul reality that I have to pay attention to absolutely everything I eat to make this work. But, as my dad likes to say, the facts are friendly. So here's to keeping track of the facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment