Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/2012: Ugh




The only way this is going to work is if I keep it real. Right? Agreed? I don't want to keep it real right now. I really do wish everything was all rose petals and lollipops, but it just doesn't work that way, does it? So...here's the scoop.




It was weigh in day today and, yes, I weighed in. And, no, I am not on or below my line. I am exactly 2 tenths of a pound heavier than I was on Monday. *Heavy sigh* I was actually tracking well yesterday. I stepped on the scale when I got home from work yesterday and all looked fine for a good weigh-in this morning. My ring was loose, a sign that I'm not retaining water, and I felt pretty good about things. I had a big salad for dinner, including the rest of Carla's canned beets. Now I am wondering if canned beets have a lot of sodium in them, because in spite of not being at all swollen last night, I woke up this morning to swollen fingers and a tight ring. As soon as I noticed my ring was tight, I knew I would not like the scale this morning. Sure enough, I didn't. 217.8. To be completely honest with all of you, my faithful readers, and myself, the salad was not all I ate last night. I didn't eat my afternoon snack and by the time I got home I was hungry. The worst time of day for me is in the evening, right after work. So I snacked as I changed my clothes and made my salad. On what, you ask? Oh, how about those chocolate chips that Carla left in the cupboard after making muffins and not using the whole bag or the dark chocolate M&M's that Jack left on the coffee table. Oh yeah, baby, neither of those are my first choice, but they will do in a pinch when I am coming home from work, tired, frustrated, a tad disgruntled and very hungry. Ugh Muhgga. OK. Enough of this horsing around. Calorie counting starts in earnest today. My goal is to net 1200 calories (after exercise) a day. I am not going to bore you with the details of what I eat every day, but I will post my net calories.




I gotta run. I'm gonna be late for work. But I wanted to get this post up before I thought better of it.




Thanks for listening...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Roberta,

    Sorry it was such a bad night/morning. Hang it there. It will so so be worth it. I can't figure out how to get a handle on the snacking in the evening either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evenings are really hard for me. The hard part lasts from when I get home from work until about 1/2 hour after dinner, then I'm fine. I think I must just get too hungry in the afternoon. I appreciate your support. I know it will be worth it. I visualize my chart with the red line all the way to the bottom and the 48 pictures of me getting skinnier and skinnier and I recommit each time. This is going to work!!!!

      I know the evenings are even harder for you, with the kids and everything you have to do every day. I remember the end of the days when my kids were little, just being frazzled and tired and wanting to eat to feel better. That's the hardest part, the fact that eating really does make me feel better for a little while.

      I know you know this already, but I think you are an amazing mom and that you are doing an incredible job raising the kids. I wish we were closer so we could do more to help!!

      Delete
  2. It won't be easy most days. If it were easy, everyone would eat well and be fit. But, you have the key ingredient ~ discipline. You go to work everyday, and that takes serious discipline, over years and years. That is what you are doing now. Consistent, daily hard work. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder. It's actually easier than going to work every day, and I have been doing that for a long, long time. It feels good to be taking care of myself. I can do it!!

      Delete