Tuesday, January 12, 2016

1/12/16: Mixed News

OK, so my news is mixed, today.

First, the good news:  the bra I am wearing right now is a 34C.  Yeah!!  That is good news.  I was a 34DDD or 36DD going into the surgery.  I did not get a reduction, I just had a breast lift.  The surgeon was confident that I would be about a 34C when it was all over, just by removing excess skin.  When I bought bras a couple of weeks ago 36Cs fit the best, so that is what I purchased.  As luck would have it, Macys was having a buy two get two free sale so I picked up two 34Cs as well.  I knew I would get smaller once the swelling was gone, I just didn't know how much smaller.  The 34Cs almost fit when I bought them, but if you're a woman you know how it is.  If the band is a little too tight and the cup is a little too small, tissue bulges out here and there.  Yeah, that is not a good thing.  So I've been wearing the 36Cs for the last couple of weeks and have been noticing a little extra room in the cup lately, and the band getting a little looser.  So this morning I tried on one of the 34Cs and it fit perfectly!!  Yeah!!!   I am so happy to have reasonably sized, firm breasts that I don't have to use a hydraulic lift to support anymore!  I feel like I now look reasonably proportional.  My top was always one size bigger than my bottom, making it hard to buy dresses and difficult, in general, to buy clothes that didn't make me look and feel boxy and top heavy.  Now when I see someone wearing a dress that I think is beautiful I think to myself, "Hey, I could wear that!"  Not, "Wow, what a pretty dress, I could never wear that because it would be impossible to hide my bra."  Yes, this is going to be fun (and perhaps a tad expensive).

Second, the not so good news.  It's not bad news, really, just a frustrating fact.  I am having a hard time being really productive at work.  I get in early, per my normal schedule, and get a solid 4 or 5 hours of work in and feel pretty good about what I accomplish.  After that, when I should be getting a second wind and when I normally could be knocking out a bunch of stuff, I struggle through the rest of the day.  I am still getting stuff done, so it is worthwhile being there, but I'm slow and unfocused by early afternoon.  Yesterday, I worked from 7:15AM until 4:45PM, so I worked an entire 8 hour day, plus some, without getting too tired or aching too much, so that was good.  But the afternoon was a slog.  I am guessing that I will slowly tire out as the week progresses, but I am starting out stronger than I did last week.  Every day, every week, is better than the last.

And yes, this is getting old.  I itch, I ache, I have to be careful not to move suddenly and to use care when I change positions at night.  My lower back aches a little, the garments are uncomfortable, the scar therapy takes an hour every morning, and I am ready to just be me.  All of that said, I am not complaining.  I am very glad I had this surgery.  And actually, I guess I am glad to be back at work.  For several hours a day, I forget that I am uncomfortable, so that is a good thing.  It is a long recovery, though.  If you are contemplating doing this, be prepared for the long haul.  The two biggest surprises?  First, the first week was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I only hurt like hell for a very short period of time and that was only in my thighs where I had the liposuction.  For the rest of the first week I was uncomfortable and I hurt and I had trouble sleeping, etc., but it wasn't God Awful.  It was just yucky.  Second, the long recovery period is more difficult than I thought it would be.  It is hard to be uncomfortable, limited in range of motion, and wear compression garments day-in and day-out.  It just gets old.  Prepare yourself for this.  I think it is actually a good thing that I did this at the beginning of the winter.  I hate winter anyway.  By the time spring rolls around, I will be ready to go outside and play.

So, all in all, the good news way outweighs the bad.  Really, there is no bad news.  My recovery continues to be on track and all systems are normal.  Here's to a good, productive, 8 hour day at work!

Have a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment