Saturday, January 30, 2016

1/30/2016: Another Week in the Bag

Seven weeks and counting.  Every week, progress is made.  I feel so much better than I did just a week ago.  I can work full+ days without getting completely worn out.  I don't have to wear a garment anymore which allows me to be much more comfortable at work.  I'm starting to lose weight, which indicates the swelling is finally subsiding (I was 151.6 this morning after weighing 152.4 yesterday and 153.8 the day before that).  The scars are flattening out, though they are still pretty red.

I still feel a pulling in my tummy when I stand very straight.  The scars under my breasts are still a little sore.  My gut still aches after a long day of not wearing a garment.  The scar away strips can be a little irritating, particularly under my breasts where they rub against my bra.  In other words, there are still many constant reminders that I had major surgery 7 weeks ago, but all in all, I am starting to feel almost "normal."

I am debating whether or not to sign up at City Gym and start using a trainer.  The down side is the cost.  It is expensive and Jack and I have some savings goals we would like to achieve prior to him turning 62, which is only two years away!  Also, I think I'd rather spend the cash on new clothes.  I know what to do, I've been lifting weights for years.  I've worked with several trainers.  I have all the equipment I need at home.  I can do this on my own.  The up side is the motivation a personal trainer gives me to push through to the next level.  There is something about working with a trainer that inspires me to work a little harder and get a little stronger.  I got in incredible shape when I was working with Jeremy Walters.  I'd like to be that fit again by this summer.  I know I can do it.  Working with a trainer helps.  I'll talk it through with Jack this morning.  It's really all about being disciplined.

We don't have a lot planned this weekend and that is fine by me.  I think I will resume my normal household duties this weekend.  I am feeling well enough to do the cooking and cleaning I normally do.  It'll feel good to be carrying my share of the load again.  Jack's been working hard to keep on top of everything.  Thank you, Darling!!

It's just about time to start cooking breakfast, so I'm going to sign off for now.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment