Saturday, January 23, 2016

1/23/2016: Saturday Morning - Recovery: Week Six is in the Books

I am so ready for my recovery to be complete.

I go to the surgeon's office for my six week post-op on Monday and expect to be cleared to begin exercising.  That's a good thing.  Or is it?  I still don't feel great.  I still feel a pulling sensation on the incisions under my breasts, my breasts are still somewhat swollen, and my belly aches after a long day at work.  None of this is out of the ordinary, but I was so hoping to be extraordinary!  I just wanted to miraculously heal quickly and be able to get to normal life sooner than the surgeon said I would.  But, no, this was a significant surgery and it takes a significant amount of time to heal completely.

I wonder if I will have to wear a compression garment when I exercise?  If so, I will need to get another one because I sweat a lot.  I can't imagine squeezing exercise back into my day, but I am going to have to do it.  I'll get up earlier and go to bed earlier.  It is the only way.  I feel like I will be starting at ground zero, so I'll probably start with 30 minutes a day and work up from there.  Maybe, once I start exercising I will feel better.  Perhaps that is what my body needs, now.  That is what I am hoping for.

Another long week at work is done.  We made a major change this week and I have been doing a deep dive into our payroll and benefits administration with the newest member of my finance and administration team.  We are sorting through everything, correcting mistakes, and streamlining reports, processes and procedures.  I am glad to be doing this.  It will be a relief to get everything exactly the way I want it.  Once we get through everything, it will be much easier to maintain.  It's a lot of work though, and a bit exhausting for both of us.  I'll be glad when this phase is complete.

There is not much else new to report.  Jack and I are going out to dinner tonight on the Plaza with friends, so that will be fun.  This is my first night out since surgery, so I am kind of looking forward to getting dressed up.  I'll have to rest most of the day, though, so that I am not tired before we head out.

Have a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment