Thursday, January 28, 2016

1/28/2016: Walking the Walk

It's easy to talk the talk, but when it comes time to walk the walk, the rubber meets the road.

I did not want to get up this morning and do my 30 minute stretch/warm-up routine.  I wanted to stay in my warm bed and ignore the facts.  I wanted to pretend that I really didn't need to get up and get moving.  But, as I was laying in bed feeling sorry for myself and trying to convince myself that I really didn't need to get up, I started thinking about this blog and how I tell everyone else how important exercise is to weight loss, weight maintenance and overall health and well-being.  As I thought about all of the grand statements I've made over the years and over the last several weeks, I knew I had no choice.  My time was up.  I had to start walking the walk.  So I got up.  I put on my gym clothes.  I did my exercises.

I have made an appointment with a personal trainer at City Gym for next Thursday (Feb 4) morning.  His name is Josh.  I have not joined the gym yet or committed to the training, but I went through the gym's onboarding process Tuesday evening and Josh is the trainer that was recommended to me.  Next Thursday's session is a free assessment to go over my goals and talk about the best program for me.  I do so much better with my strength training when I work with a personal trainer.  Maybe Josh will be a good fit.  I guess I'll know soon enough.  I am looking forward to getting my muscle tone back.  My arms are really starting to wave in the breeze, if you know what I mean.

It is much, much easier for me to get through my workdays now that I no longer have to wear a garment to work.  I am so much more comfortable.  I am also starting to get my strength and stamina back.  I was able to go to the bowling alley for a little while last night and cheer on my team.  By next week I am pretty sure I will be able to bowl.  I have noticed the swelling start to increase in my gut a bit, since I am not wearing a garment during the day, so I have decided to wear my compression garment in the mornings and evenings before and after work.  If that doesn't solve the problem, I may sleep in it, too, just to get enough time in the garment so that the swelling stays at a minimum.

All in all, everything is progressing as it should.

Have a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment