Friday, January 15, 2016

1/15/2016: Last Day of a Long Week

Yesterday was rough.  I had to put my binder on at about 11:00AM due to pressure in my abdomen.  I had been making it through most of the day.  By 2:00 I was tired and knew I should go home.  Feeling way too behind, I kept working on the project I wanted to finish and didn't leave until slightly after 4:00.  I was exhausted, cranky, aching, and irritable.  I didn't even want to drive home.

Jackie is insisting that I leave work by noon today.  I think that is a good plan.  I will try to make that happen.

Now for the good news.  I really like what I see in the mirror.  The swelling is going down, the scars are fading, and I like the shape of my body.  A simple pair of hipster style cotton panties completely masks the very small bulge over my abdominal scar.  My scar is very low so even bikini style panties would cover the scar, if that is what I wanted to wear.  I have a pronounced waist, I can see my abdominal muscles, my breasts are a nice shape and size and fit the rest of my body perfectly.  Yes, I am happy with the results.

I should be able to start exercising in about 10 days.  I have a doctor's appointment on January 25th and hope to be released to exercise after that.  That may be held up by the little sore that I have under my right breast, though that seems to be healing rapidly now that I am treating it and being careful not to overuse my right arm.  I am going into the doctor's office this afternoon to see the surgeon's nurse.  She is going to remove all of the little stitches that are poking out.  There is a stitch poking out in the area of the sore and she said that is probably what caused this small abscess.  With any luck, by the 25th I'll be all healed and cleared for exercises.

And then, maybe 6 more weeks before I feel really good.  The surgeon said to expect about 3 months of swelling; which, to me, means, that there is a lot of healing going on for 3 full months.  Otherwise, why would there be swelling?  So as long as there is recovery going on I am sure I won't feel top-notch.  I am looking forward to spring more than I ever have before!!  Warm weather and a healed body!  Woo Hoo!!  I can't wait until I've worn this garment for the very last time!!

Until then, I will slog my way through this recovery, one day at a time.

Weight this morning, by the way, was 153.2.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment