Saturday, January 9, 2016

1/9/2016: Blessed be the Weekends!!

I am so glad it is Saturday.  That was a long week!!  I worked shorter days than normal, but not a lot shorter.  I got to work between 7:00 and 7:30 each morning and left between 2:30 and 3:30 each day.  I think one day I made it until 4:00.  As the week went along, I got more and more tired.  I was so glad when I got home last night and knew I would not have to go out of the house until Monday morning, unless I wanted to.

We are going to go on one shopping trip today.  I am going to try to find a girdle type garment that is more comfortable than the garment I am wearing but has more support than the spanx.  I wore the spanx to work yesterday, but by about 2:00 my belly was really hurting.  The nurse said this would happen, but I didn't quite understand what she was talking about until it happened.  The compression garment prevents fluid from building up in my abdomen, and the spanx does not provide quite enough pressure on my belly to keep the swelling down.  Her advice was to bring my other garments to work and change into one of them when my stomach started hurting.  Since my tummy started to hurt about 1 1/2 hours before I knew I was going to leave, I just put my abdominal binder on over my spanx.  That helped a lot.  It was uncomfortable to sit in my chair with the abdominal binder on, but it sure made my tummy feel a lot better.  It would be great to find a nice compromise between the compression garment and the spanx that will get me through the next few weeks with relative comfort at work.

Rumor has it (according to the surgeon and his nurse) that I will start noticing a very rapid progression in my healing sometime prior to the end of week six.  Tomorrow will be the end of week 4.  I'm ready!!!

The Scar Away strips continue to work their magic.  There is no doubt that the scars are already flatter and narrower.  It's been pretty impressive.  I read the instructions again.  They recommend using the strips for 8 weeks on new scars.  That's a long time, but tomorrow will be the end of week one, so it is going pretty fast.  The strips are not uncomfortable, it is just a time consuming process each morning.  I received the rest of the strips that I ordered in the mail yesterday, so I have an eight week supply.  I am pretty excited that the scar therapy (I am also massaging the scars for about 20 minutes each day) is already working and I am confident that the scarring will be minimal by the time this is over.

The only thing I am having trouble visualizing is what everything will look like once the swelling and inflammation is gone for good.  I have at least two more months before the swelling is done.  I think the two things I am looking forward to are a little less fullness in my breasts and getting rid of the puffiness in my lower belly.  Time, time, time, is on my side, yes it is!!  Patience, Roberta, patience!!

This weekend will be about one thing:  Rest.  I think resting on the weekends will be essential to a quick recovery, since being at work is so tiring.

We watched two more episodes of Star Trek last night, "What are Little Girls Made Of?" and "Miri." I don't quite get where they came up with the title, "What are Little Girls Made Of?"  It'll be interesting to see how many of the 79 episodes include there being two Captain Kirks.  I've watched the first 8 episodes and there have been two Captain Kirks in 2 of them.  That's 25%!  It appears to be a common theme!  We'll see what the Star Ship Enterprise has in store for its crew, today!

Have a beautiful day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment