Monday, July 11, 2016

7/11/2016: Headed Home Today

Weight: ??

I head home today after a 4 1/2 day visit with Dad and Kay. It's been a good visit. I've enjoyed spending time with them and getting caught up as well as taking a couple of day trips to explore the Olympic Peninsula. This is a gorgeous corner of the world.

Yesterday Dad and I took a rather long day trip and drove to the very tip of the peninsula, where it juts out into the Pacific Ocean. We stopped at Crescent Lake and walked a 1.5 mile trail to see some beautiful falls. The next stop was at an Indian Museum where we ate our picnic lunch and learned all about an old Indian village that had been buried in a mudslide long ago. There were a lot of recovered artifacts as well a lot of historical information about the Indian tribe and the village. It was pretty interesting. After that, we drove to "The Edge of the Earth," as Dad and Kay like to call it. The map calls it Cape Flattery, and this is the most north western point of the peninsula, where it juts out into the Pacific Ocean. Here we took another 1.5 mile hike through the woods to get to the point. Beautiful walk and spectacular view once you get to the end. We had a lovely day.

I've been to the gym twice to lift weights since I've been here and we've had nice walks on the days that we didn't go to the gym. All food has been on program, though I may be eating a little more than normal. It'll be interesting to weigh myself tomorrow. All in all, I've stayed pretty close to normal on the food and exercise regimin since I've been here.

I'll check in tomorrow with "The Day After" results. I owe you progress pictures, as well. We may have to wait for Saturday for those.

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment