Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7/19/16: Back in the Swing of Things

Weight:  153.8

Lauren was here bright and early this morning and we had a great workout.  I've missed the last two Saturday update photo sessions since I was out of town.  After Jack is done with his breakfast, he'll take pictures for me, to get caught back up.  Then we will do pictures on Saturday and again next Thursday, for the official end of my 12 Week Challenge.  I need to end the challenge a couple of days early, because we will be on the road again on the final scheduled day of the challenge.

I'm resigning myself to the possibility that I might not weigh 150.0 on the last day of the challenge.  All of the traveling has made it difficult to stay 100% on program.  The challenge has helped me stay committed to being as close to program as possible, but when I am not at home and I am not cooking all of my own food, it is hard to lose weight.  I've had three trips out of town in the last 4 weeks and I have maintained my weight during that time.  I need to (and I am) count that as a success.  I am going to be as disciplined as possible through next Thursday, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I am not 150.0 on Thursday, July 28th.  It will be what it will be.

I am thinking seriously about adding a 4 week extension to the challenge.  I might call it a the Plus Four or something like that.  I want to get to 150 and the extensive tracking and picture taking of the challenge really helps.  We'll be camping for a week with our grandkids the first week of August. After we get back, I'll decide what I want to do to motivate myself to get the rest of the way to goal.

Until then, it's business as usual for a couple of weeks.

Have a good one out there!!




No comments:

Post a Comment