Friday, July 1, 2016

7/1/2016: The First Day of the Second Half of the Year

Weight:  154.4

When you're an accountant, it's impossible not to think in quarters and today is the first day of the third quarter.  Here's hoping it's a good one for all of us!

My goals for the quarter?

  • Get to 150 pounds and stay there.  Make 150 pounds my new set weight.  Getting to 150 will be relatively easy.  Staying close to 150 won't be that hard, but will require constant vigilance.  Staying within a pound or two of 150 will be very difficult and will require a great deal of discipline.  It will be interesting to see what it takes to become a 150 pound person for life.  I'm not fooling myself, it ain't going to be easy.
  • Exercise hard five to six days a week.  Three days of weight lifting and three days of running or bike riding or some other form of cardio exercise.
  • Enjoy life
  • Have a blast with the grand kids in Colorado this summer.  Jackie and I are taking five of Andrew's and Rebecca's six kids camping for about a week.  That should be great fun!
  • Save some money.  Jack and I are starting to think about life after "full-employment."  Can you believe we are getting to that stage of our lives, where we can actually imagine a day when we are not clocking in at someone else's business?  It's phenomenal to even think about it, much less do it.  We've been saving money in our retirement plans for a while, but we decided at the beginning of the year to try to save more cash.  It seems like something is always coming up, though.  It's not bad stuff, it's all good stuff (usually kid or grand kid related), but it makes it hard to stash cash away.  We like making memories.  :)  I'll try to do both in the 3rd quarter.  Make great memories and save a little more money.  
I guess that's good enough for now.  It's just a quarter after all, not the rest of my life.  

I dropped a couple of the pounds that I gained while we were in San Diego.  Of the 5.4 pounds I gained I have lost 3, only 2.4 to go until I am back where I started a week ago.  Phooey.  I wish I didn't do that, but crap happens.  Crap food, that is.  Funny how I eat when I get stressed.  Funny that what I find stressful others would find easy and what I find easy others would find stressful.  I guess we are all wired differently.

We have a three day weekend coming up!!  We plan on cleaning house tomorrow, it's kind of a mess.  I don't know what else we will do for the rest of the weekend, but I am looking forward to the holiday.  Maybe it will give me time to do lots of blogging, so I can clear my head a little bit.  That would be good.

Until then...  

No comments:

Post a Comment