Wednesday, July 20, 2016

7/20/16: Two Goals; One Short Term and One Long-ish Term

Weight:  153.3

Short term goal:
After giving this a lot of thought yesterday I decided that I would try to reach my weight goal of 150.0 by next Saturday.  I don't think we actually leave for Colorado until Saturday morning, July 30th, but Jack and I are checking all of our reservations tonight to make sure.  If we don't leave until the 30th, I have 10 days to lose this last 3.3 pounds that I have been flirting with for 4 weeks now.  This isn't ridiculous and it's not impossible.  I am going to make some minor tweaks to the program:

  • I will be super strict with food, with absolutely nothing off program
  • I will reduce my portions at lunch and dinner, slightly
  • I will be very strict about drinking enough water
  • I will run my 3.2 mile route three times a week, in the mornings.  I may walk a portion of the route, depending on how I feel, but I will go the entire 3.2 miles three times a week. (I've been averaging two runs a week, sometimes only going 2 miles.)
  • I will continue my weight lifting 3 times a week (I have been very good about this all along.)
  • I will add a short evening activity (probably a two mile walk).  This is likely to be an easy stroll, because of the heat, but I will at least move a little bit in the evenings.
I can do anything for 10 days.  If I don't end up at 150.0 at the end of my challenge, that will be OK. But I am going to give it a shot.

Long-ish term goal:  
I have decided that I am going to run a half-marathon with Ruth in the fall of 2017.  Currently, I can jog 3 miles without walking (that is what I did this morning).  Two summers ago, when I was running a lot, I got up to a little over 9 miles.  I can do this.  I figure if I keep up with my strength training and also train for a half marathon, I will be in the best shape of my life.  I talked to my personal trainer about it yesterday and she said that she would start adding some core exercises into our workouts that will improve my running.  Ruth recommended a training book, so I need to buy that.  I'm going to do this thing!!

On my run this morning I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and scraped myself up a bit.  Ugh.  I gotta cut this shit out.  I finished my run, anyway.

Pick up your feet and have a great day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment