Monday, July 25, 2016

7/25/2016: Blogging First, Then a Run

Weight:  151.4

I thought I was going to have to rearrange my workouts this week because of a storm that is passing through, but I just checked the weather map and everything is moving south of us pretty rapidly.  So I decided to blog first and then run, to give the storm a little more time to get out of town.  I didn't particularly want to rearrange my schedule as I am always more tempted to skip a run over skipping strength training, and I am mentally prepared for a run, today.

OK - I weighed 151.4 today!  This feels like a breakthrough.  That is my lightest weight since I hit 150.0 in January of 2013.  I got down to 151.6 after my surgery and before I started gaining weight again (that long slog of recovery finally got to me), but 151.4 is a new low for 2016!  Yeah!!  I am getting so close to goal.  I might not cross that horizontal axis on my chart by Friday, but I am getting pretty damn close to it!

We had fun playing kickball yesterday.  It was our last big day of the summer season, playoffs!  We won the first game and lost the second one (single elimination) but we played well and had a lot of fun.  Jack wants me to sign up for fall even if he can't play, because he loves the sport so much and wants to maintain our presence on the team.  That works for me.  He'll be back on the field in the spring.

Four more days of extreme discipline.  I can do this.  In case you haven't been paying attention, my final weigh in for my 12 Week Challenge - Operation Re-Start is on Friday of this week.  My weight goal is 150 lbs.  I've already met all of my strength goals except the bent arm hang, which I had to give myself a pass on because of my broken finger.  We'll take measurements again on Friday morning for the final recorded results of the challenge.

Vacation prep is coming together.  It looks like all the air mattresses hold air, so that's a good thing! We will probably bring the sleeping pads that we have just in case of mattress failure.  I don't want anyone to have to sleep on the ground.

Steve gets home Wednesday afternoon at 1:45.  I guess I am going to miss a little more work in order to pick him up at the airport.  This is getting a little ridiculous.  I hope I don't get fired (I don't think I will, but I am getting kind of self conscious about it).

OK, I better run.  Ha - I didn't intend it to be, but literally, I better run!

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment