Sunday, July 3, 2016

7/3/2016 - 12 Week Challenge - Operation Restart: 8 Week Results

The results for Week 8 are in!!  Yes, I had a bit of a backslide last week, but this is a 12 Week Challenge, not an 8 Week Challenge, and I am still in it to win it!!!  So here are the results:

First, the photos:

Yes!  What a difference 9 pounds and 8 weeks of exercise makes!  It is hard to believe, isn't it, that 2 months can make this much difference?  At my age.  And only exercising about an hour a day, 5 to six days a week.  And no crazy crash diets.  No supplements.  No protein shakes.  Nothing fancy. Just good food, 5 to 6 hours of exercise a week, and plenty of sleep.  Yes, so far, I am very pleased with the visible results.

Now, the stats:

Start Date:  4/16/2016
Re-Start Date:  5/7/2016
Today's Date (End of Week 8):  7/2/2016
End Date:  7/30/2016

WEIGHT GOAL
Start: 163.4 lbs
Today:  154.2 lbs (I am right on my goal line, in spite of my San Diego binge.)
Change:  - 9.2 lbs
Goal: 150 lbs 

FITNESS GOALS
Distance I Can Jog Before I Have to Slow to Walk
Start: 1.25 Miles
Today:  2.5 Miles
Change:  + 1.25 Miles
Goal:  3.0 Miles 

# of Push-ups to Fail
Start:  6
Today:  23
Change: + 17 (Wow! So much stronger!)
Goal:  20

Bent-Arm-Hang to Fail
Start::  0 Sec
Today:  0 Sec (Did not test - broken finger)
Change:  0 Sec
Goal:  5 Seconds

MEASUREMENT GOALS
Right Bicep
Start:  13 ½”
Today:  13 ¼"
Change:  - ¼"
Goal:  12”

Circumference Right Under Bra
Start:  34 ½”
Today:  34"
Change:  - ½"
Goal:  32 ½” (This goal was probably unrealistic.  Don't know what we were thinking.)

Circumference at Belly Button
Start:  34 ¼”
Today:  31 ¼"
Change: - 3"
Goal:  32 ¼"

Circumference at Top of Hip Bone
Start:  39 ¼”
Today:  36"
Change: - 3 ¼"
Goal:  36 ¼”

Right Thigh 9 Inches Above Knee
Start:  21 ½”
Today:  20 ¼"
Change: - 1"
Goal:  23” (I thought my thigh would get bigger with the workouts, because of results from a previous challenge I did.  Now I think the measurements from the previous challenge were incorrect and this makes more sense.  I am glad my thighs are thinning out a bit.)

Original Plan:
During my 12 Week Challenge I will:
  • Exercise 6 days a week - I have averaged about 5 days a week
  • Eat On Program (including abstaining from all sugar and alcohol) - I have stuck to program most of the time, with the exception of the binge in San Diego.  That binge cost me a 5.4 pound weight gain.  I am currently recovering from that.
  • Weigh myself and record my weight, daily - Easy Peasy.  I do this all the time anyway.
  • Update my blog posts regularly - Yes!  I've been good about this.  Thanks for reading!  The blog really helps!
  • Measure my progress towards the goals listed above every 4 weeks. - Yes!  Second goal update, today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment