Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4/17/2012: Mondays are Hard

I don't know why Mondays are so rough, but they are. I drag all day at work, have trouble focusing, and feel like it takes everything I've got just to make it through the day. By the time I get home I just want to eat! Last night I kept my self-control though, through sheer will power, and managed to stay under 1200 calories net for the day, although I did not stay under 1500 calories consumed. I was OK with staying under the net 1200 though. If I can net less than 1200 calories on a bad day, I am doing well, I'd say.

My first response to, "Why are Mondays so hard," is usually that sleep patterns get disrupted on weekends, but I don't think that is the cause for me. This weekend I was in bed by 9:30 each night and Sunday night I was in bed by 9:15. I don't get up at 4:30 on the weekends, but I am usually up by 6:30. So my sleep patterns on the weekends are not vastly different than they are during the week. It seems to be more of a mental thing, that I am having trouble transitioning from my at-home me to my work me. All day Monday I am struggling to focus and be fully engaged. By Tuesday, I'm fine, but the amount of energy it takes to focus on Mondays is just completely exhausting. Last night I got home, put my jammies on and just veged out on the couch all evening long. As soon as the clock said 9:00, I headed for bed. At least I did not binge eat, as I have a propensity to do on Monday evenings.

There is good news, though!! My discipline is paying off. This morning I weighed 209.2 pounds!!!! I broke through the 210 barrier! I was so excited when I got on the scale I almost woke Jack up at 4:30 to tell him!

I'm enjoying the book, "Switch." I'll tell you more about it when I have some time to make a thoughtful and well thought out blog entry, but I would recommend reading it. I've read excerpts to Jack and Carla and they are both interested in reading it, already. It seems to be a winner!!!

That's it for now. Work calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment