Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4/24/2012: Pushing Through

This morning I had to seriously talk myself into going to the gym, or more like, I had to talk myself out of not going to the gym.  I haven't had one of those debates with myself in a while.  "I'm going to stay in bed today."  "No you're not, get up."  "No, I can make today my rest day."  "Well, that makes sense, you do get a rest day."  "Ok, I'm resetting the alarm."  "OK, that's fine...Wait!  No it's not.  It's makes more sense for Thursday to be our rest day.  We weigh in on Thursday and I really want to see 207.something on Thursday morning on the scale.  We're not going to get there if we don't exercise."  "Oh, come on, really?  I have to get up?  It's already getting late (as in 4:40AM)."  "Yes, get up.  You can do this."  "Ugh, OK..." 

That conversation went on for at least 10 minutes this morning.  It's not hard to figure out which one was the rider and which one was the elephant, is it?  But get up, I did!  I did my cardio at the gym this morning because I've started getting a little creeped out in the mornings on my runs.  It's dark at 4:30AM!  This morning I did 2500 strides in 20 minutes at level six on the ellitpical machine, 30 minutes on the treadmill alternating between 2 minutes of walking @ 3.5 mph and 8 minutes of jogging @ 5 mph, and 5 minutes of cool down on the bike.  Total calories burned:  475.  Not bad for having to talk myself into getting out of bed this morning.

The treadmill is a huge improvement over 8 weeks ago.  When I started I was alternating 2 minutes of jogging with 2 minutes of walking.  Today it was 8 minutes of jogging alternated with 2 minutes of walking.  It's nice to see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment