Monday, April 2, 2012

4/2/2012: Making Progress!!

I weighed 212.6 today!! Hooray!! Seeing the progress on the scale feels awesome, but at the same time it makes it hard to stay patient. Now that I can start to see around the corner to the two-ohs instead of the two-teens, it's making me really impatient to get to the one-nineties. I have to shake those feelings, though, and take this one day at a time. Each day, on its own, is doable. If I start rushing ahead, mentally, I will get frustrated with my progress, even though the progress I've made has exceeded my goals, so far. So, patience, Grasshopper, I tell myself. All in good time.

Net Calories for the last two days:

Saturday: Calories consumed - 1,208; Calories burned - (60 minute jog/walk) 485; Net Calories - 723

Sunday: Calories consumed - 1,432; Calories burned - (50 minutes weight lifting) 484; Net Calories - 948.

I also worked in my garden yesterday for about 4 hours. I finished filling the tomato garden with Mel's Mix, added some Mel's Mix, to the border garden around the patio for my herbs, and planted a bunch of starts and seeds. I know it is still early for tomatoes, but I couldn't help it. It's just so beautiful out. Everything else that got planted should be fine, even with a light freeze. Carla and I planted lettuce, spinach and broccoli starts, and put in snap pea, carrot, beet, kale, swiss chard, and lettuce seeds. I'm going to wait a couple weeks to plant the cucumber, cantelope and zuchini. It's fun to have veggies in the ground again!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment