Friday, December 14, 2012

12/14/2012: Cookies!

Morning Weight:  157.4
This Morning's Exercise: Strength Training with personal trainer
Yesterday Evening's Activity:  4 hours of baking cookies for company Christmas party. (Hey, I think that counts - I was on my feet for four hours.  Better than sitting on the couch - except for the fact that I ate some of the cookies (see yesterday's calories))
Yesterday's Calories: 1481 plus cookies (I was doing fine until that first batch of chocolate chip cookies came out of the oven.  After "test-tasting" the first one, I ate about 5 more.  They are quite small, only about 1 - 1.5 teaspoons of dough for each cookie. But they are soooo yummy.  Good old fashioned Toll House cookies. I calcuated calories for them once.  They are between 45 - 50 calories each.  So that would be between 270 - 300 calories for cookies...oh, and I ate one gingerbread girl; also quite small.  She was probably another 30 calories.  Oh...and a little cookie dough.  OK.  Not such a good night.  I didn't gain weight though, so that's good.  Imagine what a good day it would have been if I hadn't cookie binged last night!)
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

I don't bake very often anymore and you can see why.  It's hard to bake and not eat what you're baking.  Especially when you bake the things that you think taste really, really good.  I guess I should start baking fruit cake!!  Or maybe oatmeal cookies.  I like oatmeal cookies, but they are not addictive like the chocolate chip cookies or those teeny, tiny, crispy and tangy gingerbread cookies.  Ah well.  I indulged in the season a little bit last night.  I am only going to bake cookies one more time, and that will be for the McKown Christmas Eve family gathering.  I am pretty sure Jack's brother-in-law, Don, would send me home if I showed up without my annual tins of cookies.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was looking forward to them already.  I enjoy baking them and bringing them to the party, but between last night and Christmas Eve, that will be the extent of my baking this year.  The only other special food event for us for this holiday is Christmas morning breakfast.  On our first Christmas morning together I made biscuits and gravy and that immediately became a tradition.  I don't talk about this much on my blog, but I don't eat pork or beef, so making biscuits with sausage gravy is a big deal around here.  Jack looks forward to two beef/pork meals each year; he gets Swiss steak on his birthday (his mom's recipe from when he was a kid) and biscuits and gravy on Christmas.  Both of those meals are very special to him since 80% of the dinners I prepare are vegan and the rest are chicken.  The other traditional food (actually, drink) on Christmas morning is homemade hot chocolate.  We use the recipe right off the back of the Hershey's cocoa container.  When was the last time you made that?  Yeah, it's good!!!  If you're going to indulge in hot cocoa, it might as well be the real deal!!!

Discipline will be important through the end of the year, so that I can lose another pound or two by year end, despite the couple of occasions that I will likely go over my daily caloric allotment.  I have to keep it real, here!!

Jeremy and I talked about my plan to convert to Phase 2 of the plan on January 1st, regardless of whether or not I have reached my goal weight of 150.0 as of year end.  He liked that plan.  Even he said, "Perhaps you have to accept the fact that 158 pounds is your weight."  So, I am still in line with the plan to continue to try to lose a couple more pounds by year end, and then I will switch from my weight loss program to my fitness/strength program on January 1.   I've come a long way baby and I like the way I look!  This plan feels right to me.

Since we have the Christmas theme going with the conversation about the cookies, this seems like a good time to post pictures of our tree.  This year, Jack and I decided to do just a little bit of decorating, so rather than doing up the whole house and dragging out all of our ornaments, we decided to just put up one tree and only hang our "pretty" ornaments.  Below is the result.  I didn't even realize that I didn't bother to put a skirt around the tree until after I saw this picture.  :-)


Christmas Tree 2012

And here are a few snap shots of some of my favorite and new ornaments:
 We saw the moose at Hall's and had to have him.  He reminds us both so much of our vacation this past fall!!  Great memories.

 Jack's a penguin fan, so we had to get this little guy!

 I've had the Pooh ornaments for a while.  You can't really see Piglet in this photo, but he is back there behind Eyeore.  I thought it was fun to make a little Pooh Corner on the tree.  If/when Jack and I decide to start giving away ornaments, I know who is getting these, right Sharlynne?

And Carla Marie will get this Sunflower.  I bought this ornament last year because it reminds me of her.


Too cute, right?  This is another new one that we bought this year.  He looks great hanging on the tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment