Saturday, December 22, 2012

12/22/12: It Wasn't a Fluke!

Morning Weight:  153.4
This Morning's Exercise: Not yet - will run later
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  Shopping!  Bought some very cute sweaters at Coldwater Creek at their 50% off everything sale. 
Yesterday's Calories: 1726 (estimated)
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

I was delighted when I got on the scale this morning and weighed 153.4 pounds!  Yesterday's weight was not a fluke and I even lost another 2/10 of a pound!  That was in spite of the fact that it was the last day at work before the holidays and everyone was walking around with candy, cheeseballs, brownie bites, and every other yummy treat you can imagine.  I also took my accounting manager to lunch, so I ate out.  All in all, it was not a great food day for me.  I didn't binge, but I didn't turn down as many offers as I should have, either.  The above calorie count is a rough estimate.  I did not record everything as I ate it.

I have four days off from work for the holiday.  Jack and I are all done with our shopping, so it will be a relaxing few days.  We'll go bowling, play some racquetball, go to the movies, and in general have a good time.  I'll bake on Monday for the McKown family Christmas Eve get together.  I don't expect a lot of excitement around here, but that is just fine with me!

I need to focus on my food for the next four days.  It would be easy to lose count.  I will not let that happen.  I will keep my phone with me at all times and record every calorie as it goes into my body.  3.4 Pounds left!  I've got this!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Who is this Roberta who is going to relax by playing some rball? I like her. Here are some tips for beating Jack.
    1. I have never played with him but I know how he plays. He hits the shit out of the ball and it zooms all over the place. You need to get to the center of the court (with respect to side walls), about half way between the back service line and the back wall. Then just stand there and wait. The ball will come to you most of the time if you are playing a man person.

    2. If the ball is waist high or higher coming off of the front wall, let it go past you and hit the back wall before you hit it. Then you can take your time and hit a good shot.

    3. Don't hit it hard or try to hit it low. Instead, try to make it go someplace that makes him run to get it. If he is on your right, hit it so it goes left. If he is behind you, hit it very soft so it falls short. If he is in front of you, hit it so it travels in a V shape and passes him. All of these shots have to be relatively soft so that you can control them and so they don't bounce all over and come back to the middle like a man shot.

    4. Get a glove. It really improves control.

    5. Get a very good racket, but don't get him one. The high end Wilson or Ektelons are the best. You probably can't get them in a store, just online. If you have no shoulder problems, I recommend 160 grams, xs grip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. Jack has been giving me the exact same advice. Unfortunately, he doesn't just hit the crap out of the ball. If he sees me back too far, he hits it lightly so it will drop off the front wall and when I am up front in the court, he'll smack it. It sounds like he has a little more finess, unfortunately, than some other men! I don't have a great racket...I just got mine at Dick's. It's a Wilson, not their cheapest, but not too expensive either. I'll have to look at rackets on line and get a good one. I have a funny feeling I am getting a glove for Christmas.

      I am enjoying racketball! So now I have three physical activities I can honestly say I truly enjoy; bike riding, strenuous hiking, and racquetball. I am sure I'll add to the list.

      Delete