Friday, December 21, 2012

12/21/12: Milestone Announcement: 70.4 Pounds Lost as of This Morning!!

Morning Weight:  153.6
This Morning's Exercise: Strength Training
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  None - still getting over this cold but feeling much better
Yesterday's Calories: 1613
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Beginning weight:  224 pounds, this morning's weight:  153.6 pounds.  I have done the math and I have lost 70.4 pounds since February 27th 2012!  Woo Hoo!!!  I am so excited.  I could hardly believe my eyes when I got on the scale this morning.  I weighed myself after I got back from the gym, just to double check, and sure enough the scale confirmed my early morning weight.  I now only have 3.6 pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight of 150 pounds!  This is going to happen and it feels good.  Really, really, really good!  I guess it just goes to show what can be accomplished if I don't give up.  Oh, I was so frustrated during the 2nd and 3rd week of that plateau.  I finally had to let go of my 150 by 12/31 goal, but I never let up on my overall Get Fit Initiative, so I kept doing the right things - eating right and exercising every day - in spite of my frustration.  And now it is paying off.  The weight is coming off again.  I am so relieved!  I'm relieved for two reasons.  The first is obvious, I really want to reach my goal weight.  The second is more subtle.  Throughout these last several months, I've been losing weight while eating 1600+ calories most days.  I've been able to achieve that by exercising a lot and increasing my metabolism.  The ability to lose weight while eating a reasonable number of calories made me confident that maintaining my weight wouldn't be too difficult.  If I can lose weight at 1600+ calories a day, I reasoned, I should be able to maintain my weight at 1800 - 2000 calories a day.  That's a reasonable number of calories.  I can live with that.

And then, when all of a sudden I stopped losing weight at 1600 calories a day, I started to get a little anxious.  I started to think that perhaps I would need to eat 1600 calories a day for the rest of my life just to maintain my weight. That did not seem like much fun.  So, I am relieved that I have started losing weight again on 1600+ calories a day.  That, again, makes me feel confident that I will be able to increase my calories to 1800 - 2000 a day after I reach 150, without gaining weight.

So...Hip Hip Hooray for finally stepping of the plateau and reaching the 70 pound lost mark!!!!!  Onward to goal!!!!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment