Sunday, December 16, 2012

12/16/2012: Cook! It Makes a Difference!

Morning Weight:  156.0
This Morning's Exercise: None yet, will go swimming later today
Yesterday's Exercise:  6.5 mile run - 80 minutes
Yesterday's Calories: 1641
Friday's Calories:  1610
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

I've started losing weight again...just when I decided to let go of the 150lb by year end goal.  Funny how that works.  Obviously it's not the calories.  You can see that I actually ate a little more than planned, I've been at 1600 or more for the last few days, rather than 1500 as planned.  It's also not the exercise.  This week's exercise regimen was no different from the last three weeks.  The biggest difference was the quality of the food that I ate.  I took the time last Sunday to cook a couple of big meals, and that has been what I've taken to work for lunch all week, rather than going to Subway for a sandwich or Panera's for a salad.  The number of calories are about the same, but I'm getting many more veggies, more protein, and probably a lot less salt.  These results remind me of the importance of cooking my own food.

The other factor contributing to this sudden loss of a couple of pounds is probably time.  Whatever physiological things that needed to happen inside of my body must have happened, and now I am no longer stuck at 158.something.  This doesn't change anything, I am still switching to stage 2 on January 1st, but it is interesting.  And, yes, I am glad that I've lost a couple more pounds.

It is going to be a busy day!  We have a long to-do list and a Christmas party to go to this afternoon.  I also need to squeeze in my swim.  I'll probably do my cooking this evening, after we get home.  One more week and Christmas will have come and gone and we'll get to start focusing in 2013.  That will be nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment