Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12/19/2012: Resting and Getting Well

Morning Weight:  155.0
This Morning's Exercise: None, starting to feel better, though.  I think I will probably walk tomorrow
Yesterday's Exercise:  None - just rested
Yesterday's Calories: 1651
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Life is boring when one is sick.  I haven't done much over the last few days except sleep, eat, drink water, and haul my butt to work.  I wouldn't be going to work except for the fact that the auditors are there for the pre-audit field work for our first ever annual audit.  So far, that is going surprisingly well.  We were well enough prepared for them and we are not holding them up in any way.  All but one of their questionnaires are complete and they have an interview scheduled today with the two people that need to complete that last questionnaire.  They have the trial balances they need, board minutes, etc... so they have plenty to keep them busy this week and everything they need to plan their field work which will commence mid-March.  Fun times at Castle Creations!!

I haven't exercised since Sunday and on Sunday I was already starting to feel under the weather so I only walked on the treadmill for an hour.  I am starting to feel better today (maybe it's those smoothies I've been eating for breakfast!) so I think I will walk again tomorrow.  I hope to feel well enough to do my personal training session with Jeremy Walters on Friday morning.

I've been hungry...feed a cold?  I've been eating plenty - around 1600 calories a day -  but I have started losing weight again, as you may have noticed.  That three week plateau was rough...I was beginning to think that I would weigh 158 forever and was working hard to try to accept that fact when all of the sudden I started to lose weight again.  This morning I weighed 155.0 pounds.  This has become a habit of mine, to plateau for a while then lose all of the weight I thought I should be losing during the plateau very quickly.  It's just never lasted three weeks before.  I thought I'd share my chart again, so you can see what the last 4 weeks has looked like:
12/19/12 Chart:  69 Pounds lost, 5 to go
I guess the lesson to learn here is to never get discouraged and keep doing the right thing.  Your body knows what it is doing (really?!?!?!) and as long as you are exercising everyday and eating right, good things will happen. 

It's amazing to me how much closer 155lbs looks to my goal than 159lbs looked.  I really am almost there.  I've lost 69 pounds and I only have 5 left to lose.  I am not going to predict when it will happen, but I am sure it will, someday.   I just have to stick with the plan.

It bears repeating that one of the major things that I changed at the beginning of last week is that I started cooking meals again.  I have eaten out only once, and that was for a lunch meeting (I had a salad).  Previously I was eating out for lunch most days and I usually had a turkey sub on wheat bread at Subway or a salad at Panera's.  I was confident of my calorie count and felt like my choices were pretty healthy, but when I stopped eating out and started eating my own cooking, the weight started dropping off again.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  The other thing that changed is the intensity of my strength training went up when I started working with Jeremy Walters again.  I noticed a significant difference between the strength training with the two different trainers, and that may be part of the difference, too.  Whatever it is, I am grateful that my body is responding to whatever it is responding to.  It really would be nice to be able to reach my goal of 150 pounds before my chart runs out of room.  It would feel complete or finished, I guess.  On the other hand, as I said in an earlier post, I'm going to try not to stress over these last few pounds.  I am going to be grateful for what comes off, but as of January 1st the focus will be on fitness, not weight loss.

Oh dear, I have to admit, that just felt like a lie.  Even as I am typing this, I know the closer I get to 150lbs the more important it becomes to me to get there while I still have room on my chart.  My original goal date was January 28th, that is 5.5 weeks away.  My chart actually goes out to February 11th, that gives me another two weeks.  So, I have 7.5 weeks left to lose 5 pounds.  If I can accomplish that, my line will cross the x axis before I run out of chart.  Yes, honestly, deep down in side, I really, really want that to happen.  And now that my body is cooperating again, I believe it can happen and it is going to be incredibly hard for me to let that go.  Oh, the mind games!!!!  Just breathe deeply and take each day as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment