Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12/26/12: Post-Christmas Update

Morning Weight:  152.2
This Morning's Exercise: Strength Training
Yesterday's Exercise:  None - The gyms were closed for Christmas, it was way too cold outside to run, and, well, it was Christmas.
Yesterday's Calories: I don't know, did I mention it was Christmas
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

In spite of a Christmas Eve party where I ate later than normal and grazed through the evening and eating way too many Christmas cookies yesterday morning, I did manage to lose 2 tenths of a pound since Sunday morning.  Not too bad for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Two things helped the cause.  At the party Monday evening Jack's sister, Kathy, had a nice veggie tray and some hummus.  I made the mistake of showing up hungry, but I ate a ton of veggies, a little bit of hummus, and I drank many, many glasses of water.  That made it easier to take a small portion of the vegetable lasagna she had prepared for dinner.  I still ate too many cookies afterwards, but the vegetables and the water helped a lot.  Christmas morning we had our one pork dish of the year, biscuits and gravy.  Biscuits & gravy and home made hot chocolate (you know, the kind you make in a pan on the stove with Hershey's cocoa) have become a Christmas tradition that Jack looks forward to.  So, the day started out calorie heavy and I had trouble leaving the gingerbread cookies alone.  But I managed to cut myself off at 1:00 (thank goodness) and had a smoothie for lunch and a stuffed mushroom for dinner.   Today I am back on track!

I am looking forward to the new year.  I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment