Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/27/12: Unexpected Travel

We received very sad news on Sunday and learned that my Uncle Jim died unexpectedly. My heart aches for my Aunt Penny and my cousins Lisa, Patty, and Jake. So I am at the Kansas City airport waiting for my flight to Newark so I can attend the wake and funeral. I'm feeling a little guilty because I changed my flight at the last minute to fly into Newark instead of Hartford because of winter storm Euclid. When did they start naming winter storms? I feel guilty because my brother John is now going way out of his way to pick me up and because I was going to share a ride with my sister who was also flying into Hartford. Last night it looked like Hartford airport was going to be closed. Now it all looks fine. *Sigh*. I changed my flights last night because I was worried that if I waited until today it would be too late. Now I feel like I am inconveniencing a lot of people for no very good reason. I hate that.

But, here I am, plans are made, and I need to roll with it. I am still going to try to reach John. I may just rent a car from Newark.

So...two days of travel, hotels, and family gatherings. Coming off of two days of parties, Christmas cookies, and lack of routine. And it seems as if the plateau may have started again, I was 152.2 again this morning, so I've been 152.something for several days. Just so you know, I am totally OK with that. After the last three-plus week plateau in the 158-159 range I lost 6 pounds in two weeks. I fully expected to flatten out short of reaching my goal of 150 pounds. I don't really care how long this plateau lasts, I am only 2 pounds from goal. I will get there before I run out of chart on January 28th. Of that I am confident.

That said, I know I need to be very disciplined over the next couple of days. I was more lax over Christmas than I have been for a long time. I need to reestablish the necessary discipline to reach and maintain my goal weight. It would be too easy to slide through the next couple of days, eating too much and not exercising. Therefore, I am putting up this blog post to establish the fact that I will not eat any junk for the next two days, I will record every calorie as it is eaten, and I will exercise today and tomorrow, no matter what. I get home at about 11:00pm Friday. I'll have the weekend at home to re-set my routines before going back to work next week.

I may not check in for a couple of days. It'll be a little hectic. Have a great week end!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment