Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/5/2012: And Then the Roller Coaster Went Back Up a Hill...

Morning Weight:  159.4
This Morning's Exercise: Strength Training:  See Monday, 12/3/2012
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  3 miles walk/jog/run outside
Yesterday's Calories: 1510
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

I don't really want to talk about it.  Yes, I gained weight yesterday.  No, I don't know why.  I ate the right number of calories, I exercised, I drank plenty of water.  According to My Fitness Pal on my phone I burned 703 calories with exercise yesterday and ate only 1510.  How can I possibly gain weight doing that?  It's gotta be water.  The one thing I did differently yesterday is I ate at Schlotsky's.  My go-to lunch is a turkey sub on whole wheat with avocado, all the veggies and yellow mustard at Subway.  For silly reasons, I ended up at Schlotsky's yesterday for lunch.  I had the calorie counts for the food I ate (1/2 turkey sandwich and small turkey Cobb salad, hold the bacon, pick off the croutons, discard the flat bread, dressing on the side and use a little less than a tablespoon).  But my guess is the sodium content was way higher than what I normally consume.  If that is the case then tomorrow morning should see this water weight (and that is what it is, water weight - it has to be) gone.

I am going to keep doing everything perfectly and Schlotsky's is on my condemned list.  I will not eat there again.

I gotta run, though I do have more to say.  I have a coffee meeting at 7:00am this morning.  Mostly what I want to say is as frustrated as I am with this last several pounds, I do feel good.  I feel so much more comfortable in my body.  I told Jack that I feel as if I am wearing my own skin again.  God it feels good to slip on a size 8 pair of jeans and a sweater and feel good in my clothes.  I feel like me, again.  This last 8 or 9 pounds will come off sooner or later, but in the meantime, I am grateful for how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment