Saturday, May 14, 2016

5/14/16: Saturday Morning

Weight:  160.0

It's Saturday!!  Yeah!!  I am ready for the weekend!

I worked a few long days this week in an effort to get caught up on all of my projects.  The unplanned three days off wrecked havoc with my project completion schedule.  I stayed at work until 7:30 last night (that's a 12 hour+ day), but it was worth it because I got my cash forecast completely updated.  My cash forecast is an incredibly important tool for me because I have to manage cash so tightly.  There are parts of it that I update daily, there are other parts of it that I update weekly.  But there are a couple of parts that are a little harder to maintain and not as essential on a day-to-day basis and when I get too busy, I let them slip.  It had been over a month since I completely updated the cash forecast, so it was past due.  It felt very good to get it done last night.  Monday morning I will clean off my desk and start fresh.  The big projects I have been working on are complete, so now it is time to start new projects.  For the most part, they will probably be HR related for a while.  We have back-burnered a lot of HR projects over the last several months.  We need a new Employee Handbook, for instance.  Fun times ahead, at Castle Creations!

But, today, it's Saturday.  Lauren will bet here in a couple of hours.  After this morning, we will be back to once a week.  I wanted to make up for the session we missed, so she came twice last week.  Well, three times, really, when you consider the fact that she came on Sunday instead of Saturday.  Anyway, today is Saturday and we are back on track.  From now on, she'll come every Saturday morning.

After my workout I have an appointment to get my hair cut then I'll probably plant seeds, though it is awfully cool out.  Tomorrow we are going to go see the new Captain America movie.  We don't have a lot planned, but it should be a relaxing and pleasant couple of days.  I wish it was warmer.  It feels like winter around here.  I need my fuzzy pjs!

I am thinking a lot about my rest-of-my-life-program.  Perhaps I should call it my ROMLP.  That's kind of funny.  Anyway, what does it look like, really?  What is the formula that will work, day-in and day-out for 50 years.  I have 11 more weeks to think about it.  Well, I guess, technically, I have, I hope, 47 more years to think about it.  But seriously, after my twelve week challenge is complete, I will need a plan to roll into.  I've been thinking a lot about it.  There are ideas percolating, but nothing is taking form yet.  I'm sure I'll be blogging about it a lot in the next 11 weeks.  After all, this is the rest of my life, we're talking about!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment