Thursday, May 19, 2016

5/19/16: Nearing the End of Week Two, Again

Weight:  159.0

Why did I start my 12 week challenge over again?  Because one of the things I wanted out of the challenge was photo-documentary and statistical evidence of how much my body changes in 12 weeks when I exercise regularly and eat right.  I want to use the chart I am making as an incentive to keep me on program in the many years I have ahead of me.  I want to look at my series of photos and my before and after measurements and say, "See, exercise does make a difference!"  When my program got derailed very early on by my touch-up surgery and the spontaneous family gathering at our house, it made sense to me to start over.  I want to see what changes I can make to my body with 12 weeks of hard work, not 8 weeks. So, start over again, I did.  This Saturday will be the end of week two, again.  Next Saturday I will start taking photos and marking my chart again.

I am feeling super motivated to stay on program, these days.  Two of my daughters have started programs of their own and have asked me to help them by coaching and checking up on them.  It's amazing how much it helps me to help them.  This is not just about talking the talk, it's about walking the walk.  I can't tell them to do one thing, and then do something different.  Heck, no!  We're in this together!!

I was up way too late last night at a Royals game.  We got tickets in a dugout suite.  That was super fun!  But it was a late night.  I wasn't in bed until 11:00, so I didn't get up this morning until 5:00 and I was still shorted an hour of sleep.  My plan is to do my workout tonight.  We'll see how that goes.

I need to sign off now so I have time to water my garden before I go to work.  It's important to keep those seeds moist until they sprout and get established.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment